Thursday, July 20, 2006

Natarus Goes Postal

As you probably know, Chicago alderman Burton Natarus made headlines on Tuesday with a weird rant, which you can watch here. (Hat tip: YDD)He blamed black postal workers for problems with the mail and said that, "Of all the places in the United States where Afro-Americans have an opportunity with benefits and with good pay to do a job, it's the postal service." But then again, where could someone like Natarus get a job, other than the Chicago City Council? The guy's old, ugly, and has no eyebrows. And no sense, either.

At least the Post Office delivers. Even if it's raining, or hot, or there's ten feet of snow, your mail still comes. On the other hand, all the City Council does is go to meetings once a month. Trans fats? Smoking ban? A living wage? Natarus and others earn a living by making fun stuff illegal. In the name of those who like to smoke and eat Twinkies while working for 50 cents an hour, I think we should get rid of the CCC and replace it with the Post Office. The aldermen could get cool uniforms and drive around in little trucks, going to everyone in their ward. Then Alderman Natarus could see how hard it is to be a mail carrier, with a heavy bag full of letters, the sun beating down, and no end in sight. I don't know about you guys, but my dog would bark if he came to the door.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What prompted his tirade--was his mail late? Someone once compared Natarus to Barney Rubble, of "The Flintstones." I think Barney Rubble is a better debater, though.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Amy Allen said...

Haha. You're right.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Joseph said...

Hi Amy! It's me, Joe! Your somehow-related-but-not-sure-how relative from Milwaukee!

Anyway, how are you? I haven't been reading your blog too much, but lately I decided to check it out and I love the new format!

Anyway, I am still blogging, but it is now at... www.angelfire.com/blog/supersite, http://political-thunder.blogspot.com, and http://josephkayshowblog.blogspot.com

Check them out, tell me what you think!

Otherwise not much else to say, except that I am happy you are still blogging!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous lisa said...

Hi. My name is Lisa Pietrzak. I am a student at Columbia College Chicago. I am currently writing about aldermen and nepotism. If you have any thoughts on the topic, please share them with me at lp203@comcast.net. I am looking for opinions from people on whether or not they believe they believe aldermen should or shouldn't have relatives on their payroll, even though it is not illegal for them to do so.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home